The Basics of Effective Essay Writing
According to a statistical study, 7 out of 10 high school graduates are not ready to take a college level of academic writing which means greater percentage of students have no plans of going to college. Many high school graduates are uncertain if they would pursue a college education. And the common reasons of it are:Hide / Show item
1) Lack of financial support – They can’t get afford to go to college due to the expenses that they have to pay to the college or University of their choice.
2) Poor grades – High school graduates don’t have enough confident to send a college application to their target schools because of the poor grades that they’ve earned during their academic career.
3) Lack of knowledge about effective writing- students who have poor writing abilities are at a considerable disadvantage. If you can’t able to construct a very simple essay paper or let’s just say pass the college admission essay exam how are you going to handle the tremendous amount of writing assignments that you will surely meet in college?
Poor writing capabilities is one of the problems of educators these days. The main reason students get low grades in school is because they can’t able to produce a good academic paper writing that pass the standard writing guidelines of the academia. According to research of brilliant scholars, writing plays an important to students’ learning. This is a great tool teachers or educators used to assess the capabilities and knowledge of students. Writing papers is not for academic purposes only, the purpose of teaching the students to write effectively is for them to be competent in the real world. A person who is good at writing custom papers and in creating written formal documents are given lots of opportunities at work. In corporate world, writing is likely a gateway for an individual to get promoted in higher position, receive high salary offers, and open to more job opportunities. Almost all types of job here in our society required the ability to write well and effectively.
The main problem why students have poor writing skills or knowledge about good academic paper writing is because some teachers are not adequately prepared or lack of competence to teach effective writing. Teachers are supposed to be properly trained, have good teaching qualities, and skilled in providing good and higher education to students. If teachers are not efficient enough to teach good writing, what is the best way to solve this problem?
A proper training in effective teaching and writing. Through the use of writing practices teachers can help their students to develop their writing and thinking abilities. Teachers have to be mentally or psychologically, and emotionally prepared to teach the students on how to write effectively through doing writing exercises or practices. There is no one who can truly impact or influence the writing development of students other than teachers. So teachers must devote more time and attention to learn about good writing and teaching so they can able to impart to their students the importance of learning to write effectively within the academic discipline. A great tool that they can used to teach effective writing is through a strategic professional development teaching plan.
THE INSTRUMENT USED FOR EFFECTIVE WRITING:
How can teachers turn their unskilled students into skilled, competent and strategic writers? Here are the principles of effective and powerful academic paper writing that can help students to create comprehensive essay, research paper writing, and coursework:
* Knowing the real purpose for writing academic custom papers
* Techniques or methods on how to start a writing assignment.
* Proper ways of data-gathering or data- collection.
* In-depth study of the writing process.
* Understanding the audience or to whom you are your paper.
* How to deal with writing blocks.